Crescendo WIP - Under Robe Dying
So this is my first time doing radiant dying. It was pretty cray cray especially considering I don’t have a great washing sink (409 in the tub baby) so I made due with what I had.
The side pieces went through 3 separate dips. The first batch there is my initial result which I wasn’t happy at all with. The third ones (second photo) were done in a rectangular bath instead of a big old bucket, making it easier to get well… close to straight lines. I love the color (Royal Blue Rit Dye)
The last pieces is result 2 of the satin dye and I’m still not sure I like it. Initially I tried with Rit dye and failed. So I used iDye since that is a polyester dye. The results are as follows:
- iDye smells like holy hell
- It stains a lot of things so be careful
- It shows up super dark on the fabric at first, and washes out half way when you hit it with the water
- It’s also half as dark when wet, so imagine what color you want 4 times darker and thats what you should aim for in the bath.
The satin is for the front and back of Crescendo and it goes from this light aqua to a very dark blue. The photo does 0 justice, but its not at first glance -noticeable- so I’m going to do one more dip as a test to see if I can get it where I want it.