Gijinka Plotting: Faron from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
As some of you may remember, I’ve had Faron from Twilight Princess on my list for gijinka. Initially this was for Katsucon 2014, but my lights group wasn’t prepped and to be honest, I wanted to do Merlwyb really bad. But after some ideas I decided to re-draw my initial design scheme of what I’d like to do for this gijinka.
Faron Gijinka: Full Body
The initial human clothing set was thought off of the Ordon style clothing. Since there are no ‘humans’ really living in Faron provicence, and the close neighbors are all from Ordon, I went with that design as a close thing to grab.
- The wig would be pretty solid shaped like the monkey head
- Long ears, longer than normal hylian ears as well
- The poofy sleeves and pants are for the ‘arms and legs’ that are thick on Faron’s body
- The wrap around would be the ‘tail’, which has all the designs on it (see tail pattern)
- Another pattern is also on the back of the shirt
- I’d have a giant ball of light as well! Not yet sure how to tackle that. Thinking clear blow up balloon!
Faron Tail Design 1
Initially this was how I wanted to put the tail on my dragging thing. The idea is what would Faron’s tail look if I cut it down one way and flattened it out? Initially since the end of the tail curves that way, I decided to start from that as the cutting point. It unfortunately leaves the middle very awkward due to the points.
Faron Tail Design 2
After seeing what happened with the first design, I decided to flip it around again. This one makes the base of the tail a little awkward from its original pattern, but there rest of the body looks full on the straight edges.
Faron Tail Design 3
This tail is with the idea of having the entire pattern stretched outward to fill the entire straight fabric wrap. It was a little tricky since some of the edges are very pointy, but it’s accenting more of the ‘light’ than it is the points and curves of the tail.